Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores.Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description.
$170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't match the way they were manufactured and because of that, you cannot mount them in a way where they will last as an exterior product because of water infiltration - they are billed as an exterior fixture. 2 parts to the fixture - mount (on the wall) and cover assembly with a 'nipple' on one end to hang the light cover from and a screw on the other end (bottom side) to facilitate changing the bulb by removing it.
The holes are reversed on the mount so that if you assemble the fixture per the engineering drawing, it will only last for a year or 2 because of water infiltration from the screw hole being at the top instead of the bottom. If you attach the mount to the wall upside down to facilitate the holes being in the wrong spot, you compromise the fixture's electrical integrity by making the socket (where the light plugs into) face upwards thus becoming a water collection point. And the 'nipple' insertion hole is not threaded and a different size - there is only 1 way to attach the cover to the mount. Called ATG Stores.
They sent 2 more. Same exact problem. Called back to return them. Called the manufacturer to report the problem.
Got the run around from the manufacturer saying that they would review (that has been over a month now - a later call to them confirmed they had destroyed them without even looking at them). ATG Stores has a money back guarantee if the return is due to a manufacturing defect. We love the lights and would have accepted them had they not been mismanufactured. Still would.
But now ATG Stores has charged us $70 in return shipping charges (and so far) will not credit our account for them (several calls, emails, etc.). We got absolutely nothing tangible, but had to pay $70 in return shipping.
Model to avoid: Maxim Lighting 8630 Beam Energy Saving Outdoor Sconce (we purchased the 16" version, not sure if other sizes are also mismanufactured).
Note to anyone who purchased these: when they fail in a couple of years, now you will understand why.In the pictures, note that the outside of the cover with the 'nipple' is smooth with no hole.The close up of the holes is to show one is threaded and the other is smooth where the 'nippled' cover end goes.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 8630 Beam Energy Saving Outdoor Sconce
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Had these windows installed in 2008. Noticed a leak in the kitchen. After several calls and visits, I find out these windows are not installed properly, no J Channels, just..."
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "I was told that they would pressure wash before painting. Never got done so they painted over all the dirt except for the few places they scraped. Still loose paint..."
- "This what the Iowa city Panda Express looked like before 2 pm. They served me some reheated sweet fire chicken breast. They said orange chicken would be ready in2 hours!..."
- "My family and I checked into the Great Wolf Lodge on July 2. When we arrived and went to our room, we were shocked at the size of the room...."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."